Friday, June 12, 2009

Seriously, people.

Can I please just have like, 2 hours a day to myself? Pretty please? Ugh, another day of no words...although let's see if I can stay up a little longer and not fall asleep at my computer.

So, my sister graduated today. That was like, an all day event. Although, I suppose as far as graduations go, an art school graduation is probably the best you could ask for--complete with live musical, dramatic, and dance performances, weirdly self-promotional speeches from school board higher-ups, and a charming story told by a city councilman (something about a good wolf and a bad wolf that live inside you--except that he kept mispronouncing "wolf" as "woof," and I was trying so hard not to laugh that I missed the moral). But then, after graduation was over, we went to eat classy Japanese food up at Yamashiro, which has pretty much the best view of Los Angeles you can find (and apparently also movie nights, a disproportionate amount of which feature movies starring Harrison Ford...hmm). And then, when dinner was over, we went back to my grandparents' house to eat this cake that my NorCal cousins had sent down for my grandpa's bday (and which my grandma claimed was "an albatross around her neck"--oh yeah, I have NOT been able to get that image out of my brain.)

But yeah, so I just got home. Wah. I want to write, but I'm now feeling unsuccessful and thus uninspired, and my novel isn't terribly fun at the moment. I just hope this feeling passes. I wish this next week were going to get easier, but I have like 5 dances to choreograph for some fathers' day old folks' home belly dance thing I agreed (read: was forced on pain of death...plus $100) to do AND I'm volunteering at the LA Zoo's Beastly Ball next weekend, and I'm hanging out with Shannon, and my cousin, and maybe Tessa, and and AND....

So really, is it too much to ask that I just get 2 hours alone, with my novel, to myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment